Friday, September 9, 2011

So long has passed...

I have decided that it is time to get back to this blog.  If nothing else, just so I don't forget details of what we have done.  And I know there are some family members that really enjoy reading about what we have been up to and seeing the pics.

So where are we right now?  Well, we are 18 weeks pregnant!!  We are very excited for a new baby, especially since we tried for 15 months for this little one.  We find out in one week if we will be having a boy or a girl.  I have no clue what J wants, I would LOVE another boy, and Adam wants one of each.  Well, we know for sure Adam is wrong!  I can't seem to remember what Noelle wants right now.  We will be taking the kids with us for the ultrasound and they seem excited about it.  The first 16 weeks of this pregnancy were very rough.  The doctor finally diagnosed me with Hypothyroidism and got me stated on meds for it and I feel so much better now.  It's nice to finally have some energy and want to get things done.  The baby will share our room for at least the first 6 months to a year.  We have cleared out the nook that will be the baby's and just need to get the rest of the furniture moved into it.  I am thinking I will put up some sort of curtain to separate it from our room a little, give us some privacy, and trick the baby into thinking he/she has his/her own room.


Aside from the pregnancy I have been busy with a new Nanny position I started in early July.  I work M-Th there and then one weekend day up North with Bianca.  Noelle is NOT going to this job with me and I have to admit it is nice to have the distance and time away from her.  It really helps me like and appreciate her more.  I LOVE my job and the baby (E) I work with.  E is 5 months old, fairly easy going, and just a joy to be with. His mom works from home T, W, Th and is also very easy to be with.  She allows me to do my job and trusts me whole heartedly with her son.

Adam started in the 2nd grade in July and is doing great.  He still enjoys school and loves to read.  He goes to before and after school care M-Th and seems to like it.  A lot of his friends are there so I think that helps.  I am having some of my normal frustration with his school that I have every year.  I just need them to push him more, especially in reading.  He left 1st grade reading at a 3rd grade level and proceeded to read 4 Diary of a Wimpy Kid books over his 5 week break.  Yet when he started 2nd grade his teacher was sending home books several levels below what he ended with for 1st grade, and is still doing so 7 weeks later.  I plan on meeting with her after school today hopefully so I can understand why she dropped him.  I am also going to start working with him a little extra at home on his math skills once I find out how they are "supposed" to do their subtraction nowadays.  Things change so much over the years and I want to make sure I am teaching the way his school expects him to do it.

Noelle is going to daycare M-Th and really likes it.  I think the structure and consistency in her days is really good for her.  She and I both LOVE our Fridays though.  We usually  drop Adam at Math Facts Mania and then head to Safeway for donuts and a small 1/2 caff coffee for me.  Then lately we go to the park and library.  Last week she played with a little girl at the park and actually asked for her by name when we were headed there today.  I was kinda sad when she wasn't there since I had a good time talking with the mom.  Friendship has been Noelle's biggest accomplishment since starting daycare (school).  She has lots of friends there and actually talks about them and even wants to do playdates.  Before now she never made friends except Lexie and Audrey, who she spent a ton of time with.  It makes me so happy to hear her go on and on about her buddies at school, especially Hyundin, a little boy who only goes a couple half days a week and that she apparently adores!  Here are some pics from our morning today(taken on my phone, so the quality pry isn't the best)!

At our favorite park. Lots of play equipment of varying levels and they have swings!


 


Time to pick Adam up from school and go to the park again!  I am really enjoying this more seasonal weather we are finally getting!!

1 comment:

  1. It's good to see you blogging again. I know it can be tough to keep up with it but like you said if nothing else it is good for yourself to go back later and see your past. Sounds like the kids are doing great and that you and Noelle are getting in some quality mom/daughter time on Fridays, that will be something she and yourself will cherish for years to come. Can't wait to find out more about your baby, keep us posted

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!! Please share yours with me!