Sunday, September 18, 2011

Playing Catch Up

I need more energy, time would be nice too!  There’s just no other way to say it.  Our week was really busy with work, family time, appointments, and commitments.

I LOVE my work as a Nanny.  That doesn’t mean I enjoy every minute of it though.  Little Evan, who is 5 months old now, is normally such a mild tempered , sweet, happy baby.  He spent last week with some teething pain though, which in turn made my job so much harder.  A cranky baby usually just wants to be held and walked around with.  Movement is NOT my strong suit right now, so walking around the house endlessly with a 14 pound baby is not fun and is actually pretty painful for me.  I feel sad that I can’t even talk him for long walks, only a quick walk to the park once or twice a week.  My pelvis just can’t handle more than that.  As part of my current contract I also cook a few meals a week for Evan’s dad who is on a SlimGenics program.  The meals are usually very easy and I follow a recipe, but it does put me on my feet when Evan is napping.  It has been a learning experience for me as well.  I am NOT a cook, especially when it comes to meat.  He hasn’t complained so far though!!

We were able to see many family members this last week.  We had dinner with my Dad on Tuesday and Justin’s sister Jenna on Thursday.    We hadn’t seen either of them in about 2 months so it was really nice to catch up.  My Dad let Adam pick a place to go to dinner so we ended up at Chile’s.  It was nice to get out and not have to cook or clean up, plus they serve a pasta dish with white sauce and shrimp that I really like!  We had Jenna to our house for hamburgers and corn on the cob (a staple in our house this time of year).  Jenna traveled overseas alone this summer and shared lots of great stories of her time abroad with us.  The kids spent all day Saturday with Grandma Sheri as well as getting to see Grandpa Ron for a while too.  I heard stories of Chuck E. Cheese and Power Wheels!  It sounded like they had a good time.  We are so thankful for all of our family and wish we could spend more time with them.

Justin and Adam played hooky from work and school on Friday in order to go to the big ultrasound appointment with Noelle and me.  There is only one baby and it’s a girl!!  I will write a separate post with all the details!  We went to lunch at Chick-fil-a afterwards and then shopping at Babies-R-Us.  We picked out a crib, changing table, and rear facing car seat for the baby.  Justin and I also found a bedding set we love and picked out a sheet, valance, and changing pad cover for her little nook in our room.  I will pick out fabric and make a few more sheet, curtain, and maybe a couple more changing pad covers to finish the space.  I think we are going to make a butterfly mobile that hangs from the ceiling as well.  Getting so excited for another child to join our family!!

I attended Bloggy Boot Camp on Saturday while Justin rested at home and the kids kept Grandma busy.  I had a fun time and will write a post all about it!  On Sunday Justin and the kids celebrated Max’s Baptism and I spent the day working with Bianca.

I’m not sure I’m ready for a new week, but I don’t have a choice in it do I?!  I do think this week will be a lot more relaxing though and our family, not to mention the house, are ready for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!! Please share yours with me!