Saturday, November 5, 2011

Just a few things on my mind right now

Over the last few weeks I've been trying to make a decision about my current job.  The family I work for Monday through Thursday would like to have me come back after Little Girl is born and would allow me to bring her with me to their house.  I would take a slight decrease in pay, but would be able to stay at a job I enjoy and know that I HAVE a job to go back to.  I have decided to stay with them!!  The hardest part has been trying to pick maternity leave dates since they will need a temp nanny to cover while I am gone.  Noelle was also due on February 9th, but was born January 26.  Adam was 4 days early, but he was technically induced even though I was in the very early stages already.  I am assuming Little Girl will make her debut toward the end of January.  On the other hand, I was talking with a friend who is due November 13th with her 3rd child and she still hasn't delivered, even though both her girls were born by this point.  Sigh.  I've decided to go with February 1st through March 15th.  Just cross your fingers that she is born very close to the first.  I am thinking a temp nanny will have some flexibility on start date, right??

I'm 26 weeks now!!  I am deep into the nesting stage and really enjoying it.  My house is clean again, I've been baking, and I'm feeling very comfortable body wise.  I am slowly getting my house back organized after all these months of pain and uncomfortablness.  We have the crib set up and I have located most of the baby equipment you need in the first few months.  The one thing that is frustrating me is that the changing table we ordered 7 weeks ago STILL hasn't come in, even though it was in-stock at the warehouse.  Without it I can't have Justin get down the baby clothes to get them sorted and washed, since I wouldn't have anywhere to put them.  I have repeatedly talked with the store and they can't figure out why it hasn't been shipped.  I am really close to cancelling the order and going to Target for a dresser that is 1/2 - 1/3 the price.

Next weekend I am going scrapbooking!!  I'm very excited to go again aince it has been so long.  I have a group of friends who all enjoy the craft and for a while I was setting up monthly dates at a local store.  Then I got pregnant and felt so crappy we stopped going.  I was able to reserve 8 spots, which is 2 tables!!  It will be so fun to get together and catch up with everyone without kids around wanting out attention.  Now I just need to get my stuff put away properly andd get my prints organized so I am ready to go next Saturday.

Now onto some more serious business.  I haven't talked alot about this and really only to those involved, Justin, and really close friends.  My kids don't even know!  Last February my dad and Sheri separated.  It look a REALLY long time to truly hit and affect me.  I'm talking 6 months here.  I think with the baby getting closer to actually being here I have starting to think more about it.  It's really been on my mind the last few weeks though since it's getting that time for making holiday plans.  We will be hosting Thanksgiving at our house with Justin's brother and sister.  But Christmas is going to be interesting.  Up until now I really haven't allowed myself to put much thought into the whole thing.  I grew up in the middle of a divorce and really don't want to put myself in the middle of one again.  And where as I know this isn't the same, I still try to keep myself out of it.  It is also made more complicated by the fact that we are a step family.  I know the time is coming soon when we will have to sit the kids down and let them know what is going on.  But, until one of them asks, or I absolutly can't put it off any longer, I'm not going to speak up.  Anyway, it was just time to say something and start being able to talk openly about it.  It is healthy to let things out and talk about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!! Please share yours with me!