Monday, April 20, 2009

Happy 5th Birthday Adam!!

My sweet little boy is 5 years old today!! I just can't believe it. He has changed in so many ways recently that I am having a hard time keeping up. I think the biggest, and hardest, change for me is that he actually eats like a boy now. He has always been a picky eater who didn't require a lot of food or drink, therefor we have always had to push him to eat a little more and to try new things. Well, all of a sudden a few weeks ago we went on an outing and I didn't have nearly enough food with us for him!! I felt so awful that I couldn't give him anything else to eat when he was still hungry. It is so difficult now to bring enough food for him when we are away from home, and I always feel I am putting too much on his plate, but he eats everything every single time. It's just amazing that he lost 1 pound after his surgery (since he was a lightweight to begin with, this actually halved his percentage!!) and has now gained 3 pounds in the last 3 weeks!! We assume this is related to his tonsils and adenoids coming out, but who knows. Maybe he can actually taste his food now!!


I thought it would be fun to do a little interview with him about what he likes and doesn't like, so here goes:


Mommy: What is your nickname?
Adam: Jaguar


M: Do you have a favorite color?
A: yes, blue


M: Who is your best friend?
A: Mateo (boy from preschool)

M: What is your favorite thing to do?
A: going to our playground to play


M: What is your favorite food?
A: pancakes


M: Is there a food you really do not like?
A: yeah, broccoli


M: Do you have a favorite sport that you like to play?
A: yes and it is soccer ball


M: What really bothers you?
A: when Noelle hits me


M: Is there a rule at home that you do not like?
A: yeah, uh, hmm, that when it's nap time and it's not my birthday party I get really mad because I don't want to go to sleep


M: Can you tell me a joke?
A: Um, hmm, I don't know what I should do, hmm, the apple one
Knock Knock?
M: Who's there?
A: Interrupting Apple
M: Interup
A: chomp, chomp, chomp


M: Which is your favorite stuffed animal?
A: Umm, Iron man
M: And who is Iron Man
A: My puppy I got from Easter

M: Is there anything else you would like to tell me?
A: Um, yeah, I like to cut out stuff because when I draw pictures I cut over the lines that I made.
M: Anything else?
A: No


Happy Birthday Adam, I love you!!

1 comment:

  1. I liked this post a lot. I loved how you put the interview in there. Happy Birthday Adam!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!! Please share yours with me!