Saturday, February 28, 2009

Nothing like 4 in the morning

Being woken up at 4 am to a neighbors smoke alarm is NOT on my list of fun things to do in the middle of the night. Even more so when I can hear them yelling "FIRE!" All I could think about was getting the kids out. Apartment fires can be really bad. Then it occurred to me that the building alarm was not going off (if it was all the alarms in our apartment would be going) just the alarm in the apartment above us. I grabbed all our coats and threw them in the living room, made sure I had our keys, and then watched out the door and windows to see what was going on. I really didn't want to wake the kids and take them out in the cold if it wasn't necessary. Finally I got my coat and shoes on and walked outside to see if I could figure anything out. There was quite the ruckus in the apartment above ours and their sliding door was open. Once I decided they were just idiots I went back in and relaxed a little. I decided to go back to sleep, or maybe I should say lie down since I didn't think I would actually be able to sleep since I would be worrying. Went into the bathroom and the alarm started again! I was downright irritated at that point. So of course I did the looking around thing again and went back to bed. Then they start vacuuming, at 4 AM!! That lasted about 10 minutes or so and then I finally fell back asleep (I had taken Benadryl the night before and it hadn't worn off yet).

It seems we always get these neighbors that you just have to wonder, "What do they do in there??" These people above us vacuum all the time, day and night. Being cleanly is one thing but come on! I've never known someone to vacuum THAT much. They are also always moving furniture around, day and night. I would love a look in their apartment to see what it is they are always moving, I can't even explain the noise of it this morning. So far as I know the floor is carpeted yet it sounds like the are dragging really heavy furniture across a wood floor. And did I mention they have a little girl, pry about a year old, in the apartment!! What person in their right mind is up partying, vacuuming, and moving furniture at 4 am with a kid in the house.

I really can't wait to move!! And on that note, we are looking at a place this morning that is a direct sell instead of short sale or foreclosure. YEAH!! It has been fixed up by a charity and is ready to be sold so it is supposed to be in great condition with new carpet and paint. Also it backs to fields for the Middle and High schools. Lots of room for kids to run!

1 comment:

  1. Dude, your neighbors are crack heads,guaranteed. That is what they do...up all night cleaning and reorganizing. Good thing you are getting out of there soon!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!! Please share yours with me!