Monday, January 12, 2009

Update on Noelle

She went to the dentist this morning and he pulled the tooth. Justin said he actually seemed put out that the hospital didn't recommend getting it taken care of immediately on Saturday. I'm just happy they pulled it. Of course she will have no tooth there until she is like 7 or 8 maybe. The dentist also thinks the other front tooth might be damaged at the root so we are to watch it very carefully for it to change color or for an abscess to develop on the gum. She is on a soft food diet for about a week, also can not suck on a straw or sippy cup. She finally ate tonight about 7pm, which she had not done since breakfast on Saturday morning. She wanted water at bed so I gave her a few syringes of it and then told her if she wanted more she had to learn to use an open cup. About a half hour or more later she did drink 2-3 ounces of water from an open cup for Justin, YAY! So she is doing well and it could have been way worse. (I keep trying not to think about all the toothless pics she will have in the coming years. If she ends up losing the other front tooth I would definitely be talking to the dentist about some dentures, ugh.)

I couldn't get a real good pic of the tooth, but you can see that the part below the reddish section was the visible tooth. Can you believe how much tooth was above it?! I think Justin said the dentist told him it wasn't even actually loose!
She was being a stinker about letting me take her picture.




1 comment:

  1. poor lovey, we will get to tease her for the rest of her life about being toothless for the next several years...I'm glad she's ok.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!! Please share yours with me!