Friday, January 8, 2010

New Year's Resolutions Are Not For Me...

...usually.

I don't actually recall EVER having made a New Year's Resolution.

This year is going to be different though.  There are so many areas of my life I need to work on and now is as good a time as any to start.  So here goes:

-Eat healthier and only when hungry.  For me this really means to stop eating mindlessly.  I am the kind of person who is constantly moving, I really can't sit still!  (Justin hates it AND both kids are the same way.)  This includes having my mouth busy, which means I eat even when I'm not actually hungry.  I solved this for a little while by chewing gum anytime I wasn't truly hungry.  But for the last month or so it hasn't been working.  I have been chewing it so hard and working it around so much that I little by little swallow tiny pieces until the gum is all gone.  I am actually embarrassed to admit I swallow gum, but yes, I do.  I think I have been doing a great job so far this week!

-Exercise semi-regularly.  I have NEVER actually exercised on a regular basis.  But I have finally reached the age that it matters.  And I do feel much better about myself when I do.  Fortunately for me my bosses just got an awesome treadmill right before Christmas.  So on M, T, and Th I really have no excuses not to use it.  It's actually kinda relaxing to do since I take a magazine and read it while walking.  I do hope to work my way up to jogging soon though, in which case I won't be able to read at the same time.  But I think I will listen to books on tape when that happens.  I also want to try to use the Wii Fit step program on the days I do not work.

-Spend less time on the computer and more time on the house.  Very self explanitory.  I spend way too much "mindless" time on the computer.  Usually playing on Facebook.  My house has really been neglected because of it.  I used to be a very organized and clean person, but not so much anymore.


That's really it and plenty to start with!  Wish me luck!  I would love to know what your New Year's Resolution is!!

2 comments:

  1. Haha...I pretty much have the same resolutions as you do! I love the new drawing of the family, did Justin do that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made one "real" resolution:

    This year, I will strive to be FIT: Forward In Thinking.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!! Please share yours with me!