Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Getting started on resolution #3

One of my resolutions for the year is to "Spend less time on the computer and more time on the house." 

Here's part of the reason why:

Okay, so the bed is normally cleaned off.  I just happened to be getting ready to go scrapping with a friend the next day.  BUT, the table seems to always look this way anymore.  Note the many boxes too!  They are all under the table usually but should really not be there at all.

The table is a 6 footer made of hard plastic that is supposed to be used for my scrapbooking.  Clearly it's been a while since that has been possible.  My first goal is to finish unpacking the 5 boxes under it and then figure out how to organize the top so it is useful again.  I also have to plan a way to keep it cleared of paper clutter and other things that don't belong.


This is along the same wall, just opposite end of the room and the desk faces the opposite way.  There are 5 boxes, 6 tubs, a laundry basket half full of stuff, and the big mesh toy box full of stuff.  When J took this picture I was on the phone with a friend while trying to find something in the tiny filing drawer in the desk.  I could barely move back there, and that was after I had moved stuff out of the way!

I need to unpack the 5 boxes and get everything put away in its spot or get rid of it.  A couple of the tubs are clothes the kids are currently outgrowing.  One tub has stuff like lotions, shampoos, conditioners, etc that I am getting rid of.  I would like to donate it somehow, but some of it has been opened and even used a little.  The rest of it is stuff I have cleaned out of the kids' rooms and need to sort through to freecylce and/or store for next time.  Eventually this desk will hold my computer and also allow me to do bills and other important household business at it.  Again though I need a way to actually keep it cleaned off and organized.


I am getting started on this all tonight and am assuming it will take till pry the end of next week to actually accomplish (maybe longer, but that's my goal!).  Wish me luck!!

4 comments:

  1. You can do it!!! And be sure to post "after" pics too :) I haven't been to your actual blog in a while since I read it through google reader... it is looking so cute and the drawing as the header is great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate with you. One of my resolutions this year is to reduce clutter in the house. I'm notorious for tossing stuff in closets (no one can see them, right?! :-).

    BTW, I love you new blog look! Very cute! Hope to see you at MOPS! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the final photos. You rock, sister!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have similar goals. I hope you've been able to keep up. I am moving slow... but definitely benefiting from less online time!

    Steph

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!! Please share yours with me!