Wednesday, August 5, 2009

So much yet so litte

I can't even recall what I last posted about. This last week has kinda been a whirlwind. Adam started Kindergarten last Thursday.He really likes school and was probably happy to get back into the routine of it. So far he has been going to Before and After School Explorers, Kindi Enrichment, and them Kindergarten in the afternoon. Kindi only lasts 2 hours and 40 mins, pretty much the same as preschool did. We went to the open house tonight, which was interesting. She was telling us what the children should know by the end of this school year, well Adam already knows at least 90% of it. So he pretty much needs to get from the Level 1/2 books he is currently reading to a level 3-4 book and he is supposed to learn to count by 2's, 3's, and 5's up to a specific number. Should be pretty simple!!

On the Adam note - He and I are doing SOOO much better already. I have come to the conclusion that we just can't spend 24/7 with each other and still get along. And I am okay with that. I mean, come on, are there very many people that can spend that amount of time with someone and NOT go nuts?

Our evenings are pretty busy now that school has started. The kids usually play outside with the other neighbor kids while I am cooking dinner. With J working so far away and not getting home till 6 or later I usually try to get dinner on the table about 6pm. When Adam is done eating we have him show and tell us about any papers that came home with him and also ask him about his day. (Ideally we will also ask him what he wants for lunch the next day during this time. LOL We are still getting there though!) By the time we are done at the table there is little to no time left for anything but getting ready for bed, which starts at 7:00pm. Bedtime for both kids is now 7:30 since we were all having to leave at 6:30 in the morning. It takes the full half hour (sometimes more) for them to change clothes, go potty, brush and floss teeth, take any night medicine, and read books with us. We still read to the kids every night, Noelle gets 3 books, plus 2 songs after lights out, and Adam usually gets 1 story (He likes treasury books of Scooby Doo and Disney so they take longer) plus he reads 1 book to us.

For the next 3 months our evenings may be able to be a little calmer since I will not be working during the week. My boss had her baby girl Monday morning, I will call her L. She is so tiny and cute! Even though I wont be working with her for a few months I am very excited, I just love babies! My hope is to pick up A every couple weeks and take her on an outing with Noelle and I. I want her to know we are still here and have not fully abandoned her, and I AM going to miss her during this time. Since I will be home Adam will not need to go to Explorers unless Noelle or I has an appointment in the afternoon or I am working a temp. So that too should make things easier, although we still have to leave about 7:30 to take him to school. I am anxious for him to learn where his morning classroom is so I don't have to park and walk him around. It just takes forever since his classroom is in the last mobile behind the school. And Noelle is a very slow walker sometimes and is too heavy to carry for long. :)

I have some Noelle news I REALLY want to share...but I am going to wait since the last thing I want to do is jinx it. Maybe in another week or so!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!! Please share yours with me!