Friday, November 21, 2008

Zoo

I took Noelle and A (the little girl I nanny for) to the Denver Zoo on Tuesday. I couldn't pass up the great weather! A has only been walking for a few weeks so we haven't done outings yet except walking to the park. Now that she is walking we can do all kinds of things easily. I had no expectations for the zoo except to have fun and enjoy the warmth. (I am not of the attitude that we have to see certain things or get all the way around the circle.) As I expected the girls really just wanted to walk around, not look at the animals so much. They both did enjoy the duck pond by Tropical Discovery though. We probably spent close to a 1/2 hour there. One thing we did get to see was the big daddy lion. He had his nose right up to the glass and was just staring at us and licking his lips (I think he had just finished getting all the meat off a bone). Noelle was amazed by his huge tongue!! We also saw the giraffes and zebras, both of which Noelle requested. I am so glad we took advantage of the 78 degree day, since it was in the 30's 2 days later!

(A is so sweet and adorable, but I have decided not to list her name or put any pics up of her since I have not asked her mommy or daddy if I can.)


She is signing "duck".
She found these sticks and carried them around for a while as her treasure.



2 comments:

  1. Yea TREASURE!!!! I love how kids can find the best in things we take for granted. It's a great reminder of how the small things are just as important. Looks like you all had a great time at the zoo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ian's right. :) Zoo time is great!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!! Please share yours with me!