Friday, May 7, 2010

This week at art class...

After the not-so-great Ballet class Noelle participated attended in March I decided she needed a class that would allow me to be with her.  I think she is too old for a Mommy and me class, but was able to find an art class at our rec that is for 3-5 year olds and their chosen adult.  Noelle craves one-on-one attention so it is perfect for her to have 45 minutes of my time all to herself and away from home.  The class has been lots of fun!!  The first week I traced her body on a piece of paper and she colored and drew in all the details while we talked about what we have as parts of our body.  She is an amazing artist, especially for a 3 year old, and has an eye for detail that no 3 year old should have yet.

The second week we used clay to make a tic-tac-toe board and 10 tokens, 5 each of 2 separate designs.  Noelle loved working with the clay and getting her hands all dirty.  The teacher also let us use a rolling machine that flattened the board piece for us, great fun!

The third week, this week, we painted the tokens and board.  The teacher is great, she gave us only two colors at a time that would mix to make a third color (and still look pretty!).  Noelle chose a seashell and a swirly as her tokens so I made the board look like a pebbled walkway to go for a seashore theme.  I think it turned out really well and it was so much fun to make!


1 comment:

I love comments!! Please share yours with me!