Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A First



A couple weekends ago we switched Lily from the Playtex Nurser to the new Avent Natural.  She LOVES it!  It has a really neat nipple and the bottle is pink.  LOL!  Now we don't have to stop to add more to the bottle halfway though a feeding.  4 ounce bottles only take you so far.

Neither of my other children were ever willing to hold their own bottle.


Another first...she was my only child to nurse.  

She's all done with that now though, thus the bottle change.  She was to the point where she wanted the cuddles and closeness of nursing but wasn't putting any effort forth to actually get any milk from it.  Since I work FT I had to decide to be done.  I don't think she really cared since I still hold her close and cuddle during her bottle feeds, it just takes less than 10 minutes instead of the 30-45 she was taking before.

I do miss nursing her.  I even feel a little guilty for stopping since she came down with her first cold within about one week of stopping.  Such is life though and it was going to happen at some point.

Next up:  Her own room!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!! Please share yours with me!